All about the practical exam
Which vehicle to take?
How to register ?
Registration either by returning the reply form you received or bythis link online.
For the most courageous, you still have the option of calling or going to the automotive service counter..
Where can I take my driving test?
Various locations for your practical exams in the canton of Vaud:
In Aigle, Nyon, Yverdon-les-Bains and Cossonay.
Places to pass your exams in the canton of Valais:
St-Maurice & Sion for example.
You should normally take your examinations in the canton of residence, however, the canton of residence may authorize a candidate to undergo the basic theoretical examination, the complementary theoretical examination and the practical examination in another canton.
Purpose of the practical examination?
Verify that the candidate is able to safely drive vehicles in the license category. (LCR Art.14 para.3)
Through the practical examination, the traffic expert checks whether the candidate is capable, even in a difficult traffic situation, of driving in accordance with the rules of road traffic, knowing how to anticipate and having regard to other road users . OAC Art 128 para. 22
What vehicle to take to pass the exam?
Choosing a vehicle equipped with a so-called "automatic" or "manual" gearbox determines what you can drive with your driver's license.
It is possible to take the practical exam either with a private car or with the driving school vehicle.
Pass the exam with a private vehicle?
If you want to take the test with a private vehicle, check that it is in perfect working condition (tires, visibility, lights and that you go the "L" regulation).
Winter tire below 7 ° C.
The handbrake is effective and easily accessible by the expert (between the two front seats)
The expert must be able to view the speedometer from the passenger seat.
Whether it's a vehicle that matches the class of license you're going to evaluate.
For a vehicle of category B (light passenger car, less than 3'500kg):
The vehicle must be able to reach a speed of 120 km / h
Pass the driving test with a driving school vehicle?
If, on the contrary, you wish to present yourself with the vehicle of the driving instructor, make sure to take the examination appointment through him according to his availabilities.
The monitor does not rent the vehicle.
You will benefit from a 2 h 15 bundle charged at the price of 2 h including a preparation of examination. In this blank review, which is a simulation of the test that will follow, you are training the essential points again. This allows a good confidence and a take back of the vehicle.
He will accompany you to the automotive service expert. At the end of your examination, in case of failure, the instructor is informed by the expert of the limiting points to be reworked before re-running at a next examination.
What is being evaluated during the practical examination?
You will be evaluated during the practical examination your abilities:
▪ Driving in traffic (city, areas 30, highways for example)
▪ To maneuver with ease and safety (parkings of any kind, half turns, overtaking)
▪ To be braked in emergency situations.
You will also be asked to know:
▪ Use vehicle equipment (AC, wiper blades, headlights etc ...)
▪ Maintain the vehicle for normal use (oil, windscreen washer fluid, tires, etc.)
▪ Driving in an efficient way (eco-driving)
▪ Apply the techniques of the look (zone of leakage, dead angle etc ...)
▪ Making decisions, fluency. (Roundabout, priorities, overruns)
▪ Adjust speed according to maximum permissible limitations and conditions.
▪ Manage situations of danger, anticipate
▪ Adopt good behavior, courtesy, security
▪ Position you in the channels, preset you
▪ Maintain safe distances based on current conditions.
▪ Read and act according to the signaling, marking, signs of agents etc...
What should be taken with the exam?
In all cases, it is imperative to take the exam with:
·Your original student license (and other student license categories too, because passing the B permit exam validates the scooter license for example.)
· A valid ID (or an attestation if renewed).
· Stay permits (if foreign)
· Private vehicle license
·The convocation (optional)
To find out if the exam is kept in case of snow or ice, see the website www.san.vd.ch. You can also call the day of the exam starting at 7:15 am.
< Retour aux étapes